Using Video to Attract Top Talent

“A picture is worth a thousand words”. This old adage has been used countless times, and it brings to mind the question of just how many words a video is “worth”. While Forbes says that a one minute video is worth approximately 1.8 million words, some would estimate it more in the range of of priceless . Over the past few years, video has become the leading form of media online. While visual content in general increases memory recall, videos have a 74% increase in comprehension and recall versus pictures alone. In addition to this, research shows that people retain up to 95% of the information they see in a video, versus a measly 10% with text alone. Up to 80% of viewers remember the video ads they see online, with a 64% rollover in these viewers becoming actual customers. Based off of these statistics alone, video is a versatile tool that businesses can no longer afford not to utilize.

As of 2016, 89% of Americans, and almost 50% of the entire world population use the Internet regularly . Research indicates that a person belonging to the age range of 35-54 is just as likely to search and view videos online as someone who is age 18-24. Across all age ranges, videos one to two minutes in length have above a 75% rate of viewers watching through the end, with numbers falling below 60% for videos between four and five minutes long . While millennials are responsible for the majority of web traffic and video content content views , over 50% of people aged 50-65+ prefer watching content to reading it in a text post online . This supports the idea that video and other online content no longer alienates more mature generations as it had when it was still in its fledgling stages.

As the Internet has grown, so has social media networking. Platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn are fostering connections between people and companies across the globe. Sharing is a vital part of all social media, whether it be posting content directly, or sharing content that someone else had posted. Video content within social media sites has now overrun static content, with videos getting up to 1200% more shares than text and images combined . Not only does sharing increase visibility on the front end, but it also increases back end metrics. More shares mean more quality backlinks, which increases Search Engine Optimization. With higher SEO comes a higher Search Engine Results Page rank, which boosts click through rates and lowers bounce back. Video alone boosts organic traffic from SERPs by up to 157% , and 52% of worldwide marketing professionals agree that video is the type of content with the best Return on Investment, or ROI . Forrester Research found that content is fifty times more likely to make it to the first page of Google search results if it includes video.

Research shows that business related video content not hosted on social media sites is still 86% viewed on desktop, with the remaining 14% on mobile , whereas up to 80% of social media is viewed on a mobile device . From this, it can be reasonably deduced that the most gain for the company would come from hosting videos both on the company site and on their social media pages, covering all of the figurative bases.

More and more companies are now connecting on social media, but one very important area of all businesses is left out- finding candidates for potential employment. Job seekers are still being bogged down and discouraged sifting through potentially hundreds of long job text posts on websites specifically designed for job postings. While these sites are still useful and relevant, they do not put the posting where it has the highest visibility potential: social media sites.

Digi-Me, a digital technology company, has come up with an innovative solution that is revolutionizing the way employers of all sizes and industries recruit top talent. Digi-Me takes traditional, unappealing job text posts and turns them into visually stimulating sixty-second video job ads. These video job ads are easy to share on social media, and view on both desktop and mobile devices. Digi-Me clients are receiving an influx of top talent candidates because video job ads have enabled them to become visible to a much wider audience using sharing on social media networks. These videos are also tracked in real time to provide the most up-to-date metrics possible, and integrate seamlessly with existing Applicant Tracking Systems. Impressive view-to-apply conversion rates show that video, the future of the internet, is now the future of job posts and talent acquisition.

The success of the Digi-Me video job post solution is based off of overwhelming video statistics and the simple fact that if an employer wants to remain relevant in today’s rapidly changing world, they must deliver all content in relevant ways.

To begin harnessing the innovative power of video job ads, visit our website at https://digi-me.com.